Just a little over one year ago FCC was not a church. Just two years ago it was a vision that God had placed in my life. In September of 2010, my wife Jennifer and I met in my home with a group of 4 adults to share this vision that God had put in our hearts about planting Foundation Community Church. Approximately one year after this first meeting was the official launch of FCC with over fifty people in attendance. I could have never predicted the events that would occur between that first meeting and the church launch. There have been times of celebration and praise, as well as, fear and hurt. Below is a short list of things I have learned in this church planting endeavor over the last year. I am hoping this list may relate to you and bless you in your times of need. You may not be planting a church but may be able to relate to some of these in your personal Christian walk.
1. Your plans are not always God’s plans
2. God will prove His faithfulness to you
3. God will place people in your life to bless you…for this I am forever grateful!
4. God will remove people from your life that may cause harm to you or the church
5. You will have to make some of the hardest decisions you have ever made
6. Sometimes you will want to quit! Your human…just sayin…
7. Living in the center of God’s will is not always easy…but it sure is rewarding
8. Your feelings will get hurt…thats par for the course!
9. You will get ahead of God and he will have put you in check…especially me…I’m hard headed…lol
10. People will let you down…they are human too!
11. Church planting is like raising kids…”sometimes hard but super rewarding”